Tessywessy

Tessywessy

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Living in the past......


I have had so many memorable things happen in my life that I almost don't even know where to start, its almost intimidating to tackle but I know this is something I need to do.

As I sit here and try to remember the things that stand out in my mind the first thing that comes to thought is High School....lets just say that you never really forget what happens in your teenage years. My younger years were filled with so many wonderful memories and people.

I attended probably the BEST High School in the state of Hawaii....yes your right KAHUKU HIGH SCHOOL. I actually feel pretty honored to say I am a graduate of such an amazing place. Of course people who aren't from there or didn't attend school there wouldn't understand what I mean, it really is such a unique school. Its a small school in a small town but yet has been able to accomplish big things and put our little country school on the map.

I fondly remember the little things about school...like you would never buy white shoes, or at least wear them to school, because at the end of the day they would be stained with red dirt. I remember how everyone would come to school in pajamaz, sweats, bball shorts and slippers. The whole idea of dressing up at school did not determine your popularity status unlike other schools. There was always a relax feeling and everyone's favorite class period was lunch...it was our time to kick it, play cards and just laugh.



The most unforgettable memories were at our football games. We have had a good team for years now, but more memorable than the actual football games were the crowds. You can't find any better fans than KAHUKU fans. They are the most supportive, LOUD, crazy and probably the funniest group of people you will ever come in contact with. Every game is jammed packed with people in red repp'n it to the fullest. What's really fascinating is that half the crowd doesn't even have a direct relative playing, they just go to support. Both old and young make the drive to away games just to wear their Kahuku shirt loud and proud. I remember the crowds would get so loud that you couldn't even hear our poor cheerleaders....everyone knows the cheers and even the OGEEZ cheer. It's pretty hilarious to see grandmaz cheering louder than their grand kids.

I miss that feeling. I miss the feeling of unity, you don't get that same excitement at games out here in Utah. I attended my little brothers game at Timpview and boy was that BORING! No one cheered, or had crowd cheers. It made me appreciate Kahuku crowds and remember why we have something so special on the Northshore....anyways these are just a few of things I remember about my High School days...I could probably go on for days, but I will stop for this blog, I might just get carried away and explain my life...hahahah! RED RAIDER FOR LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment